Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Bodies Under Siege - Hope and support for those who self-injure; sites discussing and learning about self-harm, self-injury and suicide. the

Forums     Login   Signup

Bodies Under Siege

Manager: system2
Hope and support for those who self-injure

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Words like wounds - 03/03/2013
As a musician and a songwriter I am afforded the luxury of sharing my deepest, darkest thoughts with an audience on a fairly regular basis. This is a blessing and a curse as the average person doesn't want to get involved on a personal level with the entertainment for the evening. So I like to push the boundaries to find out who is really paying attention. A great deal of my songs involve cutting, depression, & suicide, but most people are completely unaware of this. My latest effort revolves around cutting, but also how difficult it can be to write at times, and how it's so hard to get somebody's attention these days. Words sometimes can feel like wounds when they're brutally honest. So... So it begins again A clean white page & a brand new pen Will these be the words That you want to... Sing... Sing right back to me Or am I gonna have to scream? Just so I know That you heard me? Someday I hope To know what it's like Not to sing alone But one day I know That I will have to let... That dream go So... So I'm bleeding again The words they flow & pool in red Will these be the wounds That finally set me... Free... Free to let my scars Show up somewhere besides my arm At least you'll know how you hurt me Someday I hope To know what it's like To heal & grow But one day I know That I will have to let... This pain show So... So it happened again A blood-soaked page & a worn-out pen Please be the words that you want to Sing... Sing right back to me Or bet...

Words like wounds

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy