Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Bodies Under Siege - Hope and support for those who self-injure; sites discussing and learning about self-harm, self-injury and suicide. the

Forums     Login   Signup

Bodies Under Siege

Manager: system2
Hope and support for those who self-injure

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Everybody cuts - 02/14/2013
Now, some of you may be thinking the title of this entry is a play on 'Everybody Hurts' by REM, & some of you may be reminded of the "everybody cut, everybody cut" line from the song 'Footloose' by Kenny Loggins, or it could be that it didn't remind you of those things at all, but you're thinking about them now aren't you?:)...Some of you are probably even singing the words, & I can't even explain how much that makes me giggle... The truth is everybody does cut in one way or another. The greatest lesson I've learned over the years of battling with bi-polar disorder is that internal anguish will always manifest itself externally. There will always be a physical sign of emotional trauma. The guy spending every evening getting tanked at the local watering hole because he hates his life is cutting. The girl forcing herself to throw up because she thinks she's overweight is cutting, just as the guy who reaches for the blade when life kicks him in the teeth is cutting. These are all self-destructive behaviors, and also psychological disorders that require care and counseling. People doing things they know are very bad for them because for a fleeting moment they feel better about themselves. It's an illusion, & a very powerful one. It has destroyed countless lives. Now, these people all have very different symptoms, but are essentially all suffering from the same affliction...for all intents and purposes they have no idea how to be happy. Totally clu...

Everybody cuts

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy