Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Bodies Under Siege - Hope and support for those who self-injure; sites discussing and learning about self-harm, self-injury and suicide. the

Forums     Login   Signup

Bodies Under Siege

Manager: system2
Hope and support for those who self-injure

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

A Scar Is Born... - 02/10/2013
I am going to start my story in the most logical place. At the very beginning. My first experience with "cutting". Of course I had never even heard that term at the time. I was introduced to self-mutilation in my mid-teens. However it was nothing grisly, or gruesome. It was actually quite innocent and just a little Punk Rock. See, I had a dear friend and we were very close. Almost inseparable. We were into all the same things. The same music, clothes, girls, you name it. One of our absolute passions was Punk and Hardcore music. We would spend hours listening to The Misfits, Sex Pistols, Minor Threat, Gorilla Biscuits, Cro-Mags, The Germs...anything fast and aggressive, but it had to have something to say. It had to be emotional, and it had to make us feel something...anything. Well, anyone who has seen the now classic images of Sid, Iggy, or Darby Crash on stage bleeding all over the place has gazed upon self-mutilation and probably thought nothing of it. It was somehow stylish, and even sexy in a way. Of course anyone with half a brain knows it's neither of these things, but somehow in that time, that place, that context  nothing seemed wrong or negative about it. It didn't seem harmful, hurtful, or anything like a "disorder"(which we now know it is). Now, I don't honestly know if any of those guys "cut" as a release or a form of therapy, or if they just did it as a way of getting attention. Frankly, I don't know if there's much of a difference....

A Scar Is Born...

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy