Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Bodies Under Siege - Hope and support for those who self-injure; sites discussing and learning about self-harm, self-injury and suicide. the

Forums     Login   Signup

Bodies Under Siege

Manager: system2
Hope and support for those who self-injure

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

At least my scars you can see... - 02/08/2013
Before I get too far into this journey I want to share a song that I wrote many years ago which shares it's name with this blog. I decided to write this song because I was tired of everyone in my life either ignoring my pain, or just deciding it was easier to not deal with it. I was astounded by their ability to tune the entire thing out. I had learned that the average person feared, & avoided anything outside of their comfort zone at all costs. They preferred to live in the nice safe gray area of life. They hated color. Especially red. So I give you... Beautiful Scars If you want to see just where I've been for all my days And all the times that I have spent with me & all my pain Then read the lines on my skin like a book that had no pen And watch my eyes light up when you ask me to defend... All my beautiful scars They give it all away I hope my beautiful scars Never fade Just another cut on my shell to remind me of this place Or the perfect burn...this is how I learned to escape All this time I have laid this out in front of you But only now do you choose to bring it into your view All my beautiful scars They give it all away I hope my beautiful scars Never fade Now you say that nothing you have seen in all your life Is as beautiful as I am in your eyes On the surface is where I had to bleed We're exactly the same only my scars you can see... But can you see me? The ultimate irony of this song is that my fellow bandmates, & our loyal friends and fans loved the ...

At least my scars you can see...

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy