Member Sites  ::  JOIN  ::  Forum  ::  Info  ::  Next Ring  
Bodies Under Siege - Hope and support for those who self-injure; sites discussing and learning about self-harm, self-injury and suicide. the

Forums     Login   Signup

Bodies Under Siege

Manager: system2
Hope and support for those who self-injure

Sponsored Links

Forum Posts - Start a new discussion! Posts 1 - 1 of 1
All Threads |   All Posts   ]

An introduction - 02/06/2013
I would like to preface my very first blog post with the following confession... I am painfully aware that I am not special. Now, don't get me wrong, I have some special skills and talents. For one, my wife thinks I make the world's greatest pot of coffee:) However, I know that I am for the most part very forgettable. I am average height, average weight, average build, with an average life, & an average income. This is a major point of this blog, & I can't stress that enough. In most instances we are the everyday, run-of-the-mill people in your life, and a lot of the time you have no idea that we're struggling with this demon. You either don't see the signs, or you choose to ignore them. I am writing this not just as a form of therapy for myself, but hopefully as a form of therapy to all the other painfully average "cutters" out there. The average high school student, the average housewife, the average auto mechanic...and by looking at some of the latest statistics just about everyone in the world is directly, or indirectly connected, related, devoted, or indebted to a "cutter". It has become commonplace, & yet almost nobody wants to talk about it. Well, we're going to change that here. This is for us. A place to bleed...but more importantly, a place to heal:)

An introduction

All Threads |   All Posts   ]

Contact Us | Copyright © 2001-2016 WebRing®, Inc. Terms of Service - Help - Privacy Policy